Sunday, May 23, 2010

"First Times"

Well it's been one month today since Tucker was here with us. As weird as it may sound, days go by fast but at the same time it seems as if time stands still. It seems like so much longer than one month since I have heard his voice or seen his smiling face. We continue to cope with this one day at a time and find great comfort in talking about him very often throughout the day and looking at pictures and videos. We are trying very hard to continue to live each day to the fullest and to honor Tucker as gracefully as we know how. The lessons he taught us continue to amaze me and I start each day when I wake up reminding myself how Tucker started each day of his life.... Excited, happy and with a huge smile on his face. There are days when this task is pretty difficult, but waking up to Mckenzie calling my name and seeing her smiling face puts it all in perspective and makes it all worthwhile!!!

Scott is back at work and Mckenzie and I are trying to establish our own "normal" routine as well. She keeps each day new, different and exciting and keeps us both on our toes always!!! She is so much like her big brother and is growing and changing everyday. She is running and babbling up a storm. I can't wait to understand everything she is trying to tell me, she definitely is going to be a talker for sure. She is such a happy go lucky, go with the flow kind of girl and loves to be outside just like her brother!! Days are filled with many bittersweet moments and always consist of "first times" for our family. First times of places we go without Tucker or things we do for the first time without him. We spent this weekend in the Outer Banks with some good friends. As most of you know, it's my favorite place on earth and a place I have always wanted my kids to love just as much as I do. Although I know Tucker was with us in spirit as always, it was still a bittersweet trip for me. He always loved the beach, loved the sand and loved going to surf shops, all of which we introduced Mckenzie to this weekend. It was very relaxing and a nice change of pace for all of us. Saturday was a beautiful day on the beach, followed by an awesome dinner on the sound and a night with friends under a clear starry sky. Mckenzie did great, loved the beach, loved being with other kids and most of all just loved being outside running and playing.

We continue to be so thankful for all of the love, support, prayers and acts of kindness that all of our amazing friends and family continue to share with us. Your cards, calls, visits, and meals have meant the world to us. We continue to get through this new part of our journey one day at a time and are so lucky to have you all as a part of our life. I'm new to the blogging world but hope to figure out pictures and other fun features of this site very soon.... :-) Have a great Monday, we love you all!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! Mckenzie will be a beach girl just like her big brother was and like her mommy and daddy. Saturday and saturday evening sound perfect, I am so happy you all were able to get away for a few days. Many asked about you all yesterday at relay and just this evening someone told me they lived their life differently now because of Tucker. Just another reminder of how he touched so many lives.

    Now, Happy Monday and happy new week ahead!! :) Love you Les!

    Rhoda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a very nice weekend. I know times like that will be bittersweet, but it will get easier, I promise.

    If you ever have any questions about blogging, let me know. I can help with pictures and such. I'm definitely not a master, but I know enough to get by.

    Love to you guys,
    Kristol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. I'm so very happy you have decided to keep on writing with this blog, Les.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, this post sounds like you are living life! I think about you often. Keep up with the blog, I love reading Jen and Rhonda's since we don't get to see each other as often as we want to, but it helps feel like we're still connected. Love to you and your family Les! ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Leslie. I am so glad you started a blog and that you getting so much joy from MacKenzie's daily company. I agree with Rhonda, that little lady will definitely be a blond, tanned beach beauty like her momma!

    ReplyDelete