Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer sun...


Wow, it's hard to believe that Memorial Day weekend has passed and that summer has arrived. It was a hot, humid, sunny weekend here in Richmond. We spent the weekend close to home, playing outside and spending some time at the pool. Mckenzie loves the water and is going to be quite a handful at the pool this summer. She has no fear of the water and spent lots of time walking around socializing and making new friends.... reminds me of someone else I know :-) She refuses to wear a hat and decided that she would encourage all of the other kids around her not to wear their hats too.... she would walk up to them and try to pull their hats off of their heads... Oh yes, she would walk up to them, take their hat off and just giggle....


Scott spent most of the weekend with the demolition and rebuilding of our deck. It's a project that has been on our "to do" list since we moved here and a project that Scott is very excited to be in the midst of. He made great progress this weekend and I can't wait to see the finished project. I had my first "productive" weekend that I have had in months which was such a good feeling. I am laughing while I type this because I didn't do anything extraordinary, just things that most do on a daily basis that I haven't been able to complete in quite a while. A sense of accomplishment for doing just ordinary tasks is a step in the right direction. I grocery shopped, ran errands, did laundry, and fixed dinner all in the same day..... huge accomplishment and something that Scott still laughs about when I start to toot my own horn....


Scott and I started grief counseling several weeks ago and our counselor asked us last week, "Do you feel like normal everyday tasks are a chore?" She is so right... it's all a part of grief and will get easier with time for sure, but for now it's nice to know that what we are going through what is "normal" for this stage in the game. Mckenzie, like her brother loves being outside and even woke up yesterday morning before 7:00 saying bye- bye, go outside..... looks like it's going to be a long hot summer outside and I can't wait!! In between working on the deck and my "productivity" we did spend time friends, celebrated Maddie's 2nd birthday and finished the weekend off with a cookout with lots of good food and good friends. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend filled with sunshine, laughter and lots of good memories...

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Scott is back working on a project and you guys got to have some fun this past weekend. Pat yourselves on the back and enjoy that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys had such a nice weekend and that you're feeling more productive. The deck project sounds exciting and I'm sure the finished product will be amazing. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you all had a nice weekend and the picture of Mckenzie is too cute. That's so funny about the hats...my kids take everyone's shoes. I usually have to hunt the owner to give their shoes back...Jeff says their shoe fetish is my fault. I hope the deck renovation goes smoothly and would love to see pics when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smile on Mckenzie's face, precious baby girl!! Sounds like a fun weekend.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie, I LOVE this!! I have been visiting the caringbridge site and have missed your posts tremendously. This truly made me smile and cry all at the same time. We have missed Tucker so much, it makes me happy to think of him, his sweet little voice, and his big cheerful smile! His spirit and love of life simply blew me away. He has impacted our family so much and I thank God that we had the opportunity to know such an incredible and seriously entertaining little boy. My heart will always hold a special place for Tucker. We loved him! I look forward to these postings, you are such a gifted writer. Mckenzie is precious and man, she sure has taken right after Tucker. Her personality is so refreshing, she has that same big smile and we love seeing it! She is a special girl for sure. Thank you for continuing this blog, I think we all needed this too. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie,
    It soothes my soul to be here....to see your posts and know that you are so loved by so many. Thanks for giving us the peace that we so want to give you. No one wants to feel special for losing a child, but YOU are so very special and inspiring.....Love you .........Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning! I am so glad to be back on your family blog. I so enjoyed following Tucker during the past year and have missed hearing about his daily enthusiasm toward life. He was an amazing little inspiration here on earth and he is a fresh breath of life in spirit on a daily basis for me and Bo. Daily, I think of Tucker, usually prompted by the sun shining or the wind blowing through tree leaves. He is all around us.
    I am thrilled to hear that Miss McKenzie takes her role as social butterfly seriously. Our new little lady, Miss Scarlett, can take a few tips from her when she gets a little older.
    Although life events have kept us apart over the past few months, know that I think of you and the family daily and I am thrilled to be back in touch.
    When you have a chance, call me with your cell phone number and I'll send you some pictures. Thank you for being such a good friend. Eventually, I'll figure out how to download pictures on the computer and can send by email. This Mommy stuff is all new to me. I would love for you to be my techie tutor, so that I don't miss out on any opportunities. I'll wait to hear from you with cell phone and email address. LOL Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you today and always. Know that you are surrounded by love and prayer. I think of you all often during the night when I am up with Scarlett. Most often when we are listening to Celine Dion during feeding time. Please extend my thoughts to your families and let them know they are not alone whether day or night, someone is always thinking of you all. Much love, alison

    ReplyDelete