Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Yellow Butterfly

Wow this month has quickly passed us by. We are continuing to take it one day at a time and finding joy in each moment we have with each other and our family and friends. Scott is back into his routine with work and Mckenzie and I are keeping very busy, or should I say Mckenzie is keeping me very busy. In the past few weeks she now runs everywhere.... walking is a thing of the past and is talking up a storm. She now says thank you and love you and her favorite go outside mommy.... she is a chip off the old block and wants to spend every waking moment outside no matter the temperature... We've started walking in the mornings which is a great start to our day and then spend the rest of the day at parks, playgrounds, the pool or just our backyard. She like her brother seems to find joy in all the simple things and just is happiest being with family and friends.

Tucker continues to consume our daily thoughts and his spirit continues to shine everywhere we go. Missing him doesn't get any easier, I must say as days go by we miss him even more and continue to talk about him all day every day.... I've always believed in "signs" or someones spirit returning in a different form but Scott wasn't a believer until just recently. Several of Tucker's best buddies and their parents have shared stories with us on different occasions about the yellow butterfly. Jackson's mom emailed me one day several weeks ago and shared with me that since Tucker passed away, their has been a yellow butterfly that will appear whenever Jackson is playing outside or riding his bike and will chase him around. Not just on one occasion but very frequently. She told me that she just felt like it was Tucker playing with him. The following week Jack's mom and Dad had the kids down by the creek watering Tucker's garden and pulling weeds and she called me that evening to tell me that there was a yellow butterfly that was at the garden the whole time they were there. It chased Jack and Maddie around and even let Jack pet it for a while. It only left when Scott and Mckenzie drove by in the Jeep and then came back. So I shared these stories with Scott and he just gave me a look like neat but you're crazy..... Well since that day a yellow butterfly appears on a daily basis no matter where we are or what we are doing. Yesterday, Mckenzie and I went to visit my Mom and Dad, my sister and her family in Mathews. Not long after we arrived, we were in my parents sun room and my sister said, look Mom there is a butterfly near your butterfly bush... yep you guessed it, it was a yellow butterfly. I could go on and on with stories about where they have appeared in the past few weeks but it is somewhat comforting to know that he is always with us.

Scott and I were able to get away just the 2 of us I (and believe it or not the yellow butterfly would make at least one appearance everyday) last week for a much needed get away. We spent the week together and were able to decompress a bit, relax and enjoy some time just the 2 of us. Mckenzie spent the week with Nana and Grandad and had a blast. I'm thinking Nana and Grandad might need a vacation now that we are home. I'll post some updated pictures soon of our trip as well as Miss Mckenzie, she is getting so big!! We continue to be strengthened so much by all of your continued thoughts, prayers, phone calls, emails, cards and visits. Faith, good friends and an amazing family is the only way we are getting through this new phase of our journey.

4 comments:

  1. Robbie, Layla, Abby and I went swimming at Necie's this morning and saw a yellow butterfly. I shared the story with Rob and throughout our morning swim the yellow butterfly stayed close by our side. As Rob and I were swimming Layla yelled from the yard, "Ro Ro, here's the yellow butterfly", it was fluttering all around her. Pretty amazing!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so believe in the yellow butterfly. Tucker is all around you. McKenzie may even have insight into his presence. Listen closely, as they say, "out of the mouth of babes". I have heard numerous stories of children talking about people who have passed away. Just recently, 911 families have begun to share stories of their children talking about conversations or sightings of their fathers who have passed. One particular story was of a child who told her mother that she was talking with Daddy and his friends. She was able to describe all of the friends in great detail, yet she had never met them. They all passed away in the 911 incident. I am a believer.
    Keep sharing your stories, they are so helpful and reassuring for all of us to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Leslie the yellow butterfly is real! When my Granddaddy died it was in December and he loved Cardinals, now every Christmas I see a Cardinal or two. My Mom always loved blue birds and in the spring, which is her Birthday, I see lots of blue birds! It is comforting to think that they might just be right there! Thinking of you a lot! ~A

    ReplyDelete